Monday, August 20, 2012

Non-Traditional

Untitled
Untitled
My first long day of classes are over.  I did it.  I wanted to cower out and stay at home, because I'm perhaps the world's greatest introvert, you know...but I didn't.  I went, gloriously.  From now until the 1st or 2nd week in December (I can't remember which), my Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays will be filled with four fantastic classes with seemingly happy professors.  What more could a studious student ask for?

I learned something last week, about school, and students, and the like...  I learned that there is an entire organization specifically for "non-traditional students".  I also learned that I am non-traditional.  (As if I needed them to tell me that.)  
I am non-traditional because I am 22 years old, and I am a freshmen.  I met other students in this organization, and they were all older than me, some as much as 20 years or so older.  Some had children, some had traveled the world before deciding to get a degree.  Regardless of what our stories and backgrounds are, we all have that one special thing in common.  That we are non-traditional.  And I think that's just fantastic.
xo, A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my little blog! I love reading your thoughts! If you have any questions, email me at ofallthenonsense@gmail.com. xo, A. ❤