Friday, August 10, 2012

A Peek Into My World

Untitled
Happy Friday, dear friends!  Today I thought I'd take a bit to share with you a peek at my bedroom.  Almost one year ago I moved back home to Oklahoma and back into the tiny room that I grew up in.  These walls have gone from pale butter yellow, to orangish-red (I know), to sage green, to cool white.  And I think I love the white the most out of all the colors splashed on these walls, for obvious reasons.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
I have a tiny collection of film cameras that still have their cases (which are beautiful), and I keep them hanging on a fancy chicken hook I found at a garage sale.  I think the chickens would feel more at home in a kitchen, but they fancy my room just fine, I'm told.  From left to right, there's a Kodak Pony 135 Model B, a Bell & Howell/Canon Canonet 19, and a Polaroid Sun 600.  I should post more about them someday.
On my fancy wood shelf you can find a print by The Black Apple which reads "If there is no love in the world, we will make a new world & give it heavy walls."  I bought it a couple of years ago and I adore it.  It's one of a few pieces I have that will always be displayed somehow.  Perched next to the print are a set of vintage Space Needle salt and pepper shakers that I found in an antique store, a tea house tin, two owls, a Winnebago Avon bottle, and a tiny bottle with a tiny Titanic in it, which I bought as a souvenir from Titanic Branson.
Untitled 
Untitled
Untitled
And my walls...oh, my walls.  Aside from around my desk (which I didn't snap a photo of because it's a mess and I hate computer wires), the walls around my bed are the only free space I have to hang bits and pieces.  My mother made the cat cross-stitch in the 70's or 80's, and it's unfinished, but I love it.  Next to my pillow I keep a map of Seattle and a few photos my grandfather took many a year ago.  I need to buy another shelf for my books because I have far too many for that one little shelf.  I keep them in little piles around my room, which makes for interesting decor, I think.
It's tiny and messy and completely mismatched, but it's home.
xo, A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my little blog! I love reading your thoughts! If you have any questions, email me at ofallthenonsense@gmail.com. xo, A. ❤