Friday, March 2, 2012

11 Little Things

I was recently tagged by both Rebecca of Manzanita and Larissa of Miss Larissa Bree for this snazzy little "11 Things" survey.  Since they both tagged me, I've decided to answer both sets of their questions for a bit of extra-fun!

Here's how you play: 
1. Post these rules. 
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things. 
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post. 
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them. 
5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them you've tagged them.

1.  I can wiggle my ears. :]
2.  The hospital I was born in can be seen in the movie Friday Night Lights.
3.  I have a spinal condition called lordosis, which causes my spine in the lower part of my back to curve forward.  Consequently, in order to keep my level of back pain down, I can't do things like run or lift heavy things.  Daaarn. ;]
4.  I also dislocated my kneecap in a basketball game in the 8th grade.  It was pretty disgusting.
5.  I've probably already shared this before, but I've been obsessed with the Titanic since I was in 2nd grade.
6.  My earliest memory is from when I was 2 years old.  I can remember details about the layout of the living room and kitchen in the house we lived at the time in Midland, Texas.  I can also remember quite well the day my brother was born when I was 2 and a half.
7.  I hate almost all grape-flavored things.  I blame the chewable medicines my mom used to give me when I was little.
8.  I'm also slightly OCD, which I get from my dad, hah!  I have a thing with the number 3, and things facing left instead of right.
9.  My dream is to have a farm outside of Seattle one day.
10.  I love horror movies, especially old ones.  Bela Lugosi has a very special place in this heart of mine.
11.  I also adore Tim Burton.  I have a tattoo of a Burton-inspired heart on the inside of my left wrist.  (Which reaaallly needs to be touched up, hah.)

11 Questions from Manzanita
1. Describe your perfect day, who would be there?
My perfect day would consist of waking up around 7:30am, and spending the entire day with my family and boyfriend.  We'd have a lovely breakfast, then perhaps venture out for a bit of thrifting and antiquing in the city, have a nice lunch, then return home to spend the evening crocheting and watching I Love Lucy!

2. If you could do one thing that would be felt worldwide, what would it be? 
Oh my, what a wonderful question.  Let's see...I think that it would have to do something with kindness.  I become frustrated with the lack of kindness and thoughtfulness in this world.  It breaks my heart that people won't simply be nice.  From picking on a kid in school, to starting wars and every mean thing in between, I just don't understand it.  It's not necessary.  I'm not exactly sure how I would do it, but it would definitely be about kindness.

3. What is your favorite book of all time? 
Oh goodness...what a difficult question.  I would have to say either Fahrenheit 451 or Tuesdays With Morrie.  Both books I read in my high school AP English 3 class, and fell head over heels for.  I've loved every piece I've read by both authors, but those two have always stuck with me.

4. If you could keep any wild animal as a pet what would it be?  
A deer!  Or a moose, if he would let me.

5. Describe your first kiss?  
I'd rather not, haha.

6. If you could time travel to one era when would it be and why?  
The 30's into the 40's.  I love both eras so much, it's hard to choose.  I think the 30's is my favorite decade overall, especially design-wise and architecturally.  The homes and buildings built in the 30's were impeccable! A couple of years ago, I worked in a building in downtown Oklahoma City that had touches of the 30's deco style.  It was beautiful.  I also love the fashion of the 30's ever so much.  The clothes were feminine, with a touch of perfect masculinity.
I think fashion-wise though, I love the 40's more.  The clothes were beautiful, with lightweight sundresses and fancy Oxford shoes, and beautiful hairstyles.  I'd love to travel back in time and see it for myself.

7. Who taught you your most cherished lesson and what was it?    
My most cherished lesson came from someone who didn't realize that they were teaching me a lesson at all - someone who made me feel bad for being who I am.  Through the way I was treated by this person, I learned that it's perfectly okay to be just who I am, no mind to what others think.

8. How did you meet your best friend?
My best friend is my baby kitty (I'm not joking), and we met one day when I wandered into PetSmart and fell head over heels for him. :]

9. What do you photograph most? 
Landscapes and scenery.  Soon, product photos for Etsy!  And I suppose myself, too, since I'm getting into fancy outfit photos. :]

10. What do you look forward to every day? 
Spending quality time with my kitten, my crochet hook and yarn, and sleeping.

11. If you could listen to one musician for the rest of your life who would it be? 
Just one??  Goodness, me...let's see...  I'll have to say Ville Valo, because his voice calms me like nothing else can.

11 Questions from Miss Larissa Bree
1. What is your favorite food?  
I have three very unhealthy food loves...ice cream, mac n' cheese, and pie.  I try not to eat them all too frequently...but boy, they're delicious.

2. If you could own an exotic animal, what would it be?
A deer!

3. What is your number one, all-time, favorite blog? 
This is such a hard question for me to answer, because I love so many, and all for different reason.  But, for the sake of the question, I think I'll have to go with Delightfully Tacky.  I love Elizabeth's style ever-so much, plus she lives in the Great Northwest, AND has a Winnebago - two dreams of mine!

4. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?  
Seattle, Washington.

5. What is your all-time favorite book?  
Take a peek at Rebecca's questions above for the answer to this one. ^^ :] 

6. What would your "last meal" be?
Mac n' cheese, with a side of ice cream and pie. ;]

7. Do you believe in love at first sight?
I don't know...  No, I don't think so.  I think you can be intensely drawn to someone at first sight, beyond just their physical appearance, but I think you really have to get to know someone before you can determine whether or not you're in love with them.

8. What would your ideal Sunday morning consist of?    
Sleeping in!  Then perhaps a bit of breakfast and peppermint tea, reading, and crocheting.

9. Why do you blog?  
The main reason I blog is to document this wonderful time in my life, so I (and someday, my children) will have something to look back on.

10. If you had to choose one color to wear forever, what would you pick? 
One color from head to toe, or one color to work into each outfit?  If we're going with one color from head to toe, I'd have to go with a wonderful neutral like grey, camel brown, or navy.  If it's one color to somehow work into every outfit I wear for the rest of my life, I'm going to have to go with mustard yellow, since it's my favorite!

My questions for you:  
1.  If you could listen to only one song for the rest of your life, what song would it be and why?
2.  If you could have any talent at all, what would it be?
3.  Pie or cake? :]
4.  Name one decade you would love to live in, if you could?
5.  Many, many years from now, what would you love to look back on and say you did?
6.  What does living each day to the fullest mean to you?
7.  If you could live anywhere on Earth, where would you choose?
8.  Who is your favorite author?
9.  If you could have dinner with one person, living or dead, who would you choose and why?
10.  Skirts, dresses, or pants?
11.  What is your favorite quote?

And for this challenge, I tag EVERYONE!  I'm really bad about choosing who to tag, and I feel bad when I feel like I've left someone out...so, I'm choosing to tag anyone and everyone who wants to play along!
Please post your links in my comments so I can read yours, too!

Happy Friday, friends!  It's the weekend!
xo, Allie.

P.S.  Don't forget to take a peek at my new sponsors for March!  They're all incredibly sweet ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my little blog! I love reading your thoughts! If you have any questions, email me at ofallthenonsense@gmail.com. xo, A. ❤