Sunday, February 26, 2012

Our Trip To Lawrence // Pt. 2

For part 2 of our trip to Lawrence, I thought I would share our photos from the game and campus.
The game was an absolute blast.  We arrived at Allen Fieldhouse around 4:30pm, and the game started at 7.  It was freezing cold out, but it was incredible standing outside in line with fellow fans decked from head to toe in KU garb. Once inside, I spent perhaps a little too much time oohing and ahhing over everything beheld by my sight, then we found our seats just above the student section.
We stood the whole game.  We yelled, chanted, booed, clapped, taunted, and ended the game with the ever-so inspiring "Rock Chalk Chant".  KU beat Texas Tech with a rather distant victory.  There is nothing in the world quite like college basketball, I believe.

The next day, we woke up early to get a few hours of exploring Lawrence in before heading home.  We stopped for donuts and passed through downtown a bit more, to catch anything we missed before (like two bookstores, 'The Raven' and 'The Dusty Bookshelf').  We drove through local neighborhoods, which held some of the most gorgeous homes I have ever seen.  Then, before we decided to trek back to Oklahoma, I told Sean I just had to see campus one more time.  I wanted to take more photos of it, to capture it just as it was so I could remember it once I was home.  We made circles around the campus, drove down streets we weren't supposed to, stopped in the middle of the road to snap photos, and attracted odd stares.
The campus is beautiful.  The architecture of the buildings is intricate and strikingly old.  The campus itself is very hilly, and I can just imagine myself trudging up those hills in freezing weather trying to make my way to class.  It was quiet, which is perfect for me.
I think know I want to go to school here someday.
xo, A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my little blog! I love reading your thoughts! If you have any questions, email me at ofallthenonsense@gmail.com. xo, A. ❤