Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Resolutions for the New Year //

I unfortunately didn't get around to posting my resolutions yesterday.  I had a minor family crisis to deal with.  (Never you fear, things will be a-okay! :])  So, here I am today to share my resolutions for 2012 with you.
Like I mentioned in my last post, for me, resolutions are a bit different from goals.  My goals are things that I simply want to do, whether big or small, and my resolutions are the things that are going to change how I live, hopefully permanently.  (Does that make sense?  Probably not, but I hope it does!)
Although, you will see that a few of my goals made it to my resolution list...because I feel they pertain to both! :]

-Build my confidence.  I have an awful tendency to compare myself to others, become easily discouraged, and feel like I don't measure up.  This has most recently surfaced with the opening of my shoppe.  They're all hard feelings to shake once they dig their way into your mind.  I'm going to work hard build my confidence and feel better about myself in the coming year.

-Create more for my shoppe.  As I've mentioned many, many times, opening my shoppe was a huge step for me.  I want to continue to use my creativity and broaden my skill set in 2012.  I'm aching to add a cowl design to the shoppe, as well as new sets of handwarmers that I almost have complete.  (Along with more Granny Hat color schemes and doilies!)
Along with creating more product, I also want to create the perfect aesthetic for my shoppe, that encompasses everything I hold dear.  From my shoppe design to my products themselves, I want to create at atmosphere that tells you more about who I am.  It's incredibly important for me to not fall victim to the little doubtful voices in my head (see above resolution), and go with what my heart feels is best.  The coming year is most certainly for creating things that I hope you'll love!

-Have a booth at a craft fair.  I'm aiming to do my first show in the Spring/Summer, once I've settled into having an online shoppe.  I fear I'm underestimating the amount of work that goes into having a craft booth (haha!).

-Become a better photographer.  This is a resolution that is quite important to me.  You see, I love taking photos, and looking at photos, and collecting photos...and I don't feel as though my photo-taking skills are where I want them to be.  So, in 2012, I'm going to save, save, save, buy myself a fancy new digital camera, and learn all I can about taking better photos. (And posing in front of a camera, myself.  I'm so awkward!)  (Plus I want to take better product photos.  My bedroom is like a cave and I need a better camera to work well in low-light!  Or I need to suck it up and go outside more, hah!)

-Document more of my life on my blog.  More often than not, I feel as though I've run out of things to talk about here.  But I've realized that if I share more of the little details of my life with you, not only will my blog flourish a bit, but I'll have so much more here to look back on when I'm older!

-Take better care of myself.  I mean this in every regard - physically, mentally, and emotionally.  Eat better.  Take walks.  Do pilates.  Honor the body I was given.

-Begin to save for Seattle.  It's no secret here that my soul is home in Seattle.  It's one of my biggest dreams to live there.  This year, I'm going to begin saving as much as I can, so hopefully in a couple of years, I can permanently make my home there.  (Watch out, Washington!)  The sooner I begin saving, the sooner I'll be there!

-Write more.  Usually I have such a difficult time keeping up with journals, but this year I plan to write in my new journal at least a few times a week.  Also, I plan to write that small book of children's stories, too! :]

-Yarn-bomb something!  Pretty self-explanatory, I'd say!  The thought of actually yarn-bombing something kind of intimidates me, though.  I could just picture myself trying to scramble and stitch it on, whilst hoping someone doesn't yell '"HEY!  What are you doing?!" at me...  Silly, I know.  I'm determined to find something to (calmly) yarn-bomb this year.

-Live more freely and unafraid.  No matter where life takes me in 2012, I need to remember to be unafraid.  Live for the moment, and not worry so much.  Slow down, enjoy more of the simple things, find little bits to make me happy, and be free.

I have quite an extensive list of goals and resolutions, I'd say...  I'll be busy all year long, and I wouldn't have it any other way. 
xo, A.

P.S.  New Granny Hat color-scheme coming to the shoppe soon!  Hooray!
Four more days to enter my giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my little blog! I love reading your thoughts! If you have any questions, email me at ofallthenonsense@gmail.com. xo, A. ❤