Monday, January 2, 2012

My 'Before 23' List //



Since it's the beginning of a wonderful new year, I thought I would take a few minutes to share my goal list.  I initially wrote this list a few days after my birthday, as a "22 Before 23" list.  Soon after number 22, I began thinking of more goals I wanted to add, so now it's simply a "Before 23" list. :]
Some of the goals you will read are quite personal.  I was initially unsure whether or not to share them.  But, I think sharing them with you will be great motivation for me.  And, my blog is a personal blog, after all... Whatever else anything is, it ought to begin by being personal.

1.  Open my Etsy store.  This goal, in my books, is only half complete.  Opening my own online store was a huge goal for me in 2011, and I finally did it in December, only not through Etsy.  I became too anxious and opened it on Big Cartel, for the meantime. (Some of you may have read my post about this a couple of weeks ago)  Soon I'm going to check this goal off my list and move my shoppe to Etsy. :]
2.  Begin pilates.
3.  Take a trip to a place I've never been.
4.  Visit Seattle again.
5.  Buy a new digital camera.
6.  Progress my sewing skills.
7.  Crochet a blanket.
8.  Take more photographs to document this time in my life.
9.  Write, write, write.  I received a lovely mustard-colored leatherlook journal for Christmas, and boy is it pretty.  I'm excited to start writing my thoughts and tales down.  I've also decided that I want to write a small book of short children's stories this year.  I think it would be wonderful for my own children to have a book of stories written by their mother.
10.  Find my style, and wear it proudly every day.
11.  Buy a film camera.
12.  Worry less, stress less.
13.  Have a picnic.
14.  Read many more books.  I'm off to a good start on this one!  I'm already on my second book since Christmas!
15.  Make a new friend.
16.  Work on facing my social fears.  This goal is very important to me, as I am one of the most awkward, nervous people you'd probably ever meet.  I blame it on growing up in a town of less than 600 people, ha.
17.  Have a booth at a craft fair.
18.  Move into a pretty place of my own.
19.  Begin school, if I do decide that it's right for me.
20.  Become a better photographer.
21.  Learn to do something new.
22.  Put extra-effort into my blog.
23.  Yarn-bomb something!
24.  Cut my hair shorter.
25.  Take a self-portrait every week of the year.

And there you have it!  My quaint little list of goals for the year, that I'll probably add more to as time goes on.  That's one of the most wonderful things about goals - you can never have too many. :]
Tomorrow, I shall share my resolutions! (Which, to me, are different from goals! :])

Until then, lovelies...
xo, A.

P.S.  You still have 6 days to enter my Granny Hat giveaway!  Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my little blog! I love reading your thoughts! If you have any questions, email me at ofallthenonsense@gmail.com. xo, A. ❤