Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Ramblings of a Lost Soul



Lately I've been feeling more lost than ever.  I'm sure this is something we all go through at one point or another.  But for me, when I've taken a moment to look back on the past few years, I realize just how lost I've been.  My time has been spent bouncing from here, to there, and back again.  I've spent more time searching for what to make of myself than actually becoming who I want to be.  My focus has been on everything but myself, and I feel as though it shows.

How do we decided who we are?  Who we want to be?  What we want to become?  I could spend all day trying to come up with my answer to those questions.  I feel like there are so many doors in front of me, yet I have no idea which one to open.  I'm terrified of failing, of choosing the wrong door.  I have a difficult time singling out my strengths and determining what I do well enough to make a life out of.  I see so many wonderful people who have talents and passions greater than the sun.  They all inspire me so, but comparatively, I feel blank.

I have my moments where I wish for nothing more than to strike off into the distance and not look back until I feel like I'm somewhere.  I have my moments where I don't care about doing what is "socially acceptable", or what is expected of me.  I have my moments where I want to hop on the next bus to Seattle and start over.  But I know I can't do that.  I have to remain where my feet are, and hope they lead me somewhere incredible.
xo, A.

P.S.  I've been working on something special over the past few days, and I plan to share it with you all soon.  Keep on the lookout.

P.S.S.  You're all lovely.  Thank you for reading my ramblings. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my little blog! I love reading your thoughts! If you have any questions, email me at ofallthenonsense@gmail.com. xo, A. ❤