Thursday, December 15, 2011

Introducing: The Folklore Cabin


Well, my dear friends...I couldn't be more excited to finally share this with you all.  I've finally opened up a little shoppe, which I thoughtfully named The Folklore Cabin.  But before I share with you my first product, I would like to give you a little back story on how my shoppe came to be.

I'm sure some of you remember my talk of Dearlie, the shoppe I planned to open back in late summer.  I had so many dreams and plans for that shoppe, but my every effort was met with a new problem that set me back even further.  I began to feel like such a flake to you all.  Then the month of September ended up being horrible, I trekked back to my parents' house, and gave up.

As the days passed, I couldn't bear the thought of having given up on my little shoppe.  I didn't want to give up.  One day, I realized that the only reason things were getting in my way was because I was allowing them to.  And that was unacceptable.
So, my creative cogs began turning, and The Folklore Cabin was born.  Being the superstitious person that I am, I decided to change my shoppe name from Dearlie.  I felt like there was too much bad remaining with that name, and not enough good for my shoppe to have a happy start.

I honestly never realized just how hard it would be to come up with a new name!  Dearlie was easy for me, because that's a cute little nickname Sean has for me.  But when I decided to go with something different, I thought and thought for what felt like forever and still didn't have anything I truly loved.  I wanted my shoppe name and aesthetic to reflect everything that I am, which lead me to think about where I feel most at home - Washington.  Seattle, to be specific.  I made a list of all of the things that remind me of Washington...rain, forests, goldfinches, cloudy days, plaid, rhododendrons, coffee...folklore tales and little log cabins...The Folklore Cabin!  I just knew it was perfect the second the words slipped out of my mouth.
I began dreaming up all of the lovely things I want to make for all of you.  (And trying to figure out how to get all of the yarn, fabric, and supplies!  That stuff isn't cheap!)  In the midst of all my dreaming and scheming, I decided I just couldn't wait any longer.  I wanted to begin to share my little creations with you all.  I decided to open up a small Big Cartel shoppe in the meantime.  It's only temporary, and will certainly help in acquiring more supplies.  (At the moment I only have two products listed, but please hold tight!  I have more coming soon, I promise!)  Once I have every last little detail perfect, I'm going to swap over to Etsy, where The Folklore Cabin's permanent home shall be.

Now that you know all about how my shoppe (and dream!) came to be, I'm quite excited to share my first product - granny hats!  Oh, how I love these granny hats.  They look easy peasy, and they truly are, but it took me quite a bit of tweaking to get them just right.  Once I did though, I was over the moon in love.  I hope you love them as much as I do.
A little photo shoot...
A little photo shoot...
Like I mentioned, I only have two of them listed, in two different color schemes - Autumn and Blueberry Oatmeal.  (The photos above are a variation of the Autumn color scheme.)  I have many different color schemes in mind for them, and will list them as I make them!
I also have a few crocheted doilies to photograph and list tomorrow, which I'm quite excited over.  So keep on the lookout for those if you're interested!

Before I end this excessive ramble, I have one more little bit to share with you.  After much deliberation, I've decided to change my blog name to reflect that of my shoppe name.  I feel like it's best to be consistent when running a store associated with a blog.  I'm awfully sad that the Of All The Nonsense chapter of this part of my world is coming to an end, but I know it's the best thing to do.  Over the next day or so, I'll be giving the blog a little face lift, bit by bit!
A little photo shoot...
I just want to thank all of my lovely readers, both new and old, for having such patience with me.  (And for reading up to this point!)  It means the world to me.  I hope you'll all stick around for my coming adventures under a new moniker.
And you can take a peek at my shoppe here!

Thank you, lovelies...
xo, A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my little blog! I love reading your thoughts! If you have any questions, email me at ofallthenonsense@gmail.com. xo, A. ❤