Sunday, September 25, 2011

A Magical Autumn Blog Party // Sammy of The Cookie Button

A Magical Autumn Blog Party...
_______________________________________________

Introducing knitted boots cuffs!
I have seen these popping up in quite a few shops at the moment and instantly wanted to make some of my own.
They are so easy to do and take very little time which is why I wanted to share them to the blogging community :)

What You Need
Size 9 knitting needles
Chunky yarn
Yarn needle
Scissors
A row counter (optional)


First you need to tie a slipknot leaving a little bit of yarn at the end. You then need to case on 24 stitches or maybe a few more/less depending on your leg measurements. Start knitting 4 rows of rib stitch (knitting two stitches, purling two stitches etc). Knit 6 rows in stockinette stick (alternating between a knit row and a purl row etc), you should be ending on a purl row. Knit four rows in rib stitch again and cast off. Cut any loose threads off and using your yarn needle, sewing the two ends together. Or if you are feeling lazy like me you could use a sewing machine to do this. Then tada! All done :)

If you are a beginner to knitting then I would practice a bit beforehand before you start the real thing. Although there are youtube videos to help you with any problems. Youtube was AND still is my teacher! 
I hope you enjoyed this post and maybe even got your crafty juices flowing to make your own. Happy knitting!


Thank you super duper much, Allie for featuring me for part of your blog party, it is such a honor :)

Sammy x
_______________________________________________

I wish that I knew how to knit so badly so I could make myself a pair of these.  Aren't they darling?!
Thank you so much, Sammy!
You can find Sammy's blog right here.  Stop by and say hello, she's one of the warmest and most friendly ladies here in the blogosphere!

I hope you all had as much fun with this little blog party as I did.  It sure was a blast to put together, and all of the ladies who guest posted are some of the sweetest out there.  If you haven't checked out the other blog party posts, start reading!
And a huge thank you goes out to all of the ladies who participated in this little party.  You're all the best!
Happy Autumn, everyone!
xo, A.

P.S.  I reached just over 300 followers today, and I truly can't believe it!  Hello, new friends! Thank you all so much for reading my little blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my little blog! I love reading your thoughts! If you have any questions, email me at ofallthenonsense@gmail.com. xo, A. ❤