Thursday, March 17, 2011

For Japan, With Love + Bloggers Day Of Silence

I'm sure you've all seen the devastating footage of Japan.  It's a horrible realization, knowing that such horrible things happen in this world.   So many missing, no power or clean water, and on top of it all, it has begun to snow.  I've never been through a natural disaster of any kind, and I can't even begin to fathom what it is like.  My heart aches for each and every victim.  And it's hard, being a simple person so far away, to know how to help.
But thanks to this amazing fundraiser, created by the ladies behind Utterly Engaged and Ever Ours, we can help.

forjapanwithlove_blog.gif

They've started For Japan, With Love, a fundraiser in which all proceeds go to ShelterBox, a wonderful organization that provides lifesaving equipment and shelter to areas devastated by destruction.  I urge you to look into their organization, and to check out the posts by Ever Ours and Utterly Engaged. While it won't make up for everything that has been lost, every little bit helps.

Also, in memory of all the victims lost, tomorrow is Bloggers Day Of Silence.  Things will be quiet around here until Saturday.  If you would like to join in, please do take part in the day of silence.  You can also find the link to donate here.

Keep Japan in your hearts,
xoxo, Allie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my little blog! I love reading your thoughts! If you have any questions, email me at ofallthenonsense@gmail.com. xo, A. ❤