Monday, July 1, 2013

Gloss Mountains State Park

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Gloss Mountains State Park.  What can I say about the Gloss Mountains that you can't see from these photos? (As if my photos have even done these shiny mountains justice...)  It is such a simple park, smack dab in the middle of a stretch of highway with flat landscapes around for miles.  As you near the park along the highway, the mountains just sit patiently along the horizon as if they've been waiting for you all along.
There truly isn't much to them - a few plateaus with a rickety old staircase leading the way to the top, and a picnic table.  But, let me tell you, it's magical.  The plateaus shine and sparkle, and if you're brave enough to climb the staircase to the top, you can see to the ends of the Earth, or so it seems.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Simple daytrips like this truly are the most entertaining.  Like a breath of fresh air for a much needed escape from the everyday.  If you're ever in the western side of Oklahoma, I certainly recommend taking a picnic break at this quaint park.

Happy Summer, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my little blog! I love reading your thoughts! If you have any questions, email me at ofallthenonsense@gmail.com. xo, A. ❤