Monday, August 22, 2011

Keep It Kind

Rarely do I feel the need to bring such a heavy topic to my blog, but I felt as though this needed to be addressed.  Lately, I've noticed just how much negativity there is in the blogging world, mostly in the form of rude comments.  I'm quite appalled by this fact.  Are we not all a part of the same community?  We should be supporting one another, not tearing each other down.
For me, blogging is an escape from the stress of everyday life.  It is the one facet of my world in which I set the tone.  It's become a source of optimism and inspiration for me, and I'm sure the same can be said for many other bloggers.  We work so hard to keep our blogs positive, and when negativity is brought in, it can be extremely discouraging.  
There is absolutely no sense in being hateful with your words. The old saying "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" truly goes a long way.  Sure, some may say that anything you post on the internet is open to criticism.  And I suppose, in a sense, that is true.  But, I firmly believe in being tactful about your opinions.  There's a complete difference between stating your opinion and being hateful.  I think that is too often overlooked.  I feel as though if you haven't anything tactful to say, kindly "find the proverbial door".
With that said, I'm choosing to keep the positivity alive through my blog.  Never will you find me using harsh or hateful words towards another blogger, and I encourage you to do the same.  There is already too much hate in this world.  We should be kind with our words, it's the least we can do.
Like I mentioned before, we must all support each other, because we're all a part of this wonderful community.  I've met many lovely people in the blogging world, made many new friends, and discovered things I never knew before.  I'm sure you have too, so let's keep it kind, folks.

Feel free to share the button, or place one on your blog if you like.
xo, A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my little blog! I love reading your thoughts! If you have any questions, email me at ofallthenonsense@gmail.com. xo, A. ❤