Friday, August 12, 2011

Friday Night Film - Ten Things I Hate About You (1999)

I absolutely love this movie.  Playing heavily on teenage heartbreak and the desire to be different, Ten Thing I Hate About You is a fun, modern-day twist on The Taming of the Shrew.  Kat (Julia Stiles), is a cynical, somewhat rebellious high school student determined not to 'fit in'.  Much to her dismay, her younger sister, Bianca, craves the popularity that Kat has tried to steer her from.  Bianca longs to date and go out, but isn't allowed to until Kat does the same.  In a desperate attempt to date Bianca, new student Cameron (Joseph Gordon Levitt) devises a plan that would send Kat on a date with bad-boy Patrick (Heath Ledger), meanwhile using 'popular guy' Joey, who is also pining for Bianca, as a pawn in his plan.
Ten Things I Hate About You is quite the laugh, and Heath Ledger was as charming as ever.  I mean, who could ever forget his serenade scene?  He and Julia seem to have such chemistry in this film.  It's wonderful.  I hope you'll check this movie out if you haven't yet seen it!  I'm sure you'll love it.

xoxo, A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my little blog! I love reading your thoughts! If you have any questions, email me at ofallthenonsense@gmail.com. xo, A. ❤