Sunday, July 18, 2010

Ten (or more) Things I Love About Summer

Oh, hi!

My name is Inari, and I’m the writer of the bilingual craft blog Ikomi (http://ikomin.blogspot.com) (and various other blogs too). As well as crafting, my hobbies include photographing, reading, blogging and getting excited of all kinds of things. I love little details, I pick beautiful stones whenever I see them, I eat lots of chocolate and wish my hair was pink. I also wish I had a cat, but otherwise I’m quite happy with my life at the moment.

I live in Finland, northern Europe. During the winter we have snow and minus degrees. But now it is summer here, at its hottest and prettiest. I myself am more a winter and spring-person, but there are some things I absolutely love about Finnish Summers. So I decided to share them with you. All the photographs are taken by me. If you wanna see more of them, check out my Etsy shop (http://tjinuski.etsy.com) (some of them are sold as prints there) or have a peek in some of my blogs.

Blue skies and spotting funny-shaped clouds (spotting balloons is also one of my favourite hobbies).

Walking barefoot (I do it from May to mid-September).

Beautiful morning light.

Wearing pretty dresses or skirts (at the moment I can’t remember when was the last time I used trousers)

Colorful flowers everywhere.

Silly sunglasses (I don’t really use any appropriate ones).

Drying laundry outside.

Unexpected showers of summer rain (only when NOT drying laundry outside).

Strawberries! (I’m quite sure we have the best ones here in Finland.)

Biking and pretty, colourful bikes. (Mine is black though, unfortunately).

PS. Dear Allie, thanks for featuring me!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! Thank you for sharing these photos. I am obsessed with Finland. HIM is my favorite band and they are from Helsinki. I want to visit Finland someday. I also want to learn Suomi (Finnish). Rakastan Finland!

Thera Joyce

The Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum said...

Very nice photos.

stephanie banks said...

this is such a cool blog! I'm going to folloew! if you have the time please take a look at mine and tell me what you think :)

http://bambiandthemonster.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

These are such pretty images and I have to agree with everything you said :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my little blog! I love reading your thoughts! If you have any questions, email me at ofallthenonsense@gmail.com. xo, A. ❤